What You Need to Know About HIPAA: The Privacy Rule
This course is designed to train your employees about HIPAA's privacy rule and to reinforce your policies. The course outlines the roles and responsibilities for both management and employees and educates staff about their individual responsibilities for maintaining HIPAA Compliance while highlighting the possible consequences of non-compliance with privacy policies/procedures.
What You Need To Know About HIPAA: The Privacy Rule
- Outlines the roles and responsibilities for management and employees
- Educates staff about their individual responsibilities for maintaining HIPAA Compliance.
- Highlights the possible consequences of non-compliance with privacy policies/procedures.
- Includes a summary assessment exercise at the end of the training to ensure that the key information has been communicated effectively and understood.
Lesson Objectives/Learning Outcomes
- Individuals will learn why HIPAA privacy laws were passed and to avoid mishandling of medical records that would violate these laws.
- The course explains who is affected by HIPAA, what is protected, as well as the consequences of noncompliance.
- Introductory privacy rules are covered including when protected health information (PHI)) can be released.
- Individuals will be able to assess requests for PHI and act appropriately based on the privacy laws and your policies. Responsible individuals will understand how PHI for individuals can be legally used.